Seahawks trying to pull another Sweezy
With Smith, the Seahawks are hoping to replicate the success they had moving J.R. Sweezy to the offensive line last year. Like Sweezy, Smith got a visit from Seattle O-line coach Tom Cable, who worked him out and asked him if he'd be willing to try playing guard.
Smith said he was nervous about the idea of moving, but that he trusts Cable, in large part because of the success Sweezy had last year. In fact, Smith said he and Sweezy worked out together in the offseason and have become good friends.
We should be hearing from Pete Carroll and John Schneider soon, so I'll post some quotes in a bit.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Brandon Browner suspended for first four games of 2014 March 5
- Brandon Browner announces he has been reinstated by the NFL March 4
- Seahawks reportedly place second-round tender on S Jeron Johnson March 4
- Two Seahawks weigh in on N-word debate March 4
- Pete Carroll leaves the door open to possible Red Bryant, Sidney Rice returns March 4
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.