Seahawks trying to pull another Sweezy
With Smith, the Seahawks are hoping to replicate the success they had moving J.R. Sweezy to the offensive line last year. Like Sweezy, Smith got a visit from Seattle O-line coach Tom Cable, who worked him out and asked him if he'd be willing to try playing guard.
Smith said he was nervous about the idea of moving, but that he trusts Cable, in large part because of the success Sweezy had last year. In fact, Smith said he and Sweezy worked out together in the offseason and have become good friends.
We should be hearing from Pete Carroll and John Schneider soon, so I'll post some quotes in a bit.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- UW and Nike unveil new football uniforms April 18
- Sidney Rice returning to Seahawks April 16
- Mariners recall Nick Franklin and James Jones from Tacoma April 16
- Mariners manager Lloyd McClendon on the significance of wearing 42 April 15
- Sidney Rice cleared by doctor, could be a target of Seahawks April 14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.