Seahawks trying to pull another Sweezy
With Smith, the Seahawks are hoping to replicate the success they had moving J.R. Sweezy to the offensive line last year. Like Sweezy, Smith got a visit from Seattle O-line coach Tom Cable, who worked him out and asked him if he'd be willing to try playing guard.
Smith said he was nervous about the idea of moving, but that he trusts Cable, in large part because of the success Sweezy had last year. In fact, Smith said he and Sweezy worked out together in the offseason and have become good friends.
We should be hearing from Pete Carroll and John Schneider soon, so I'll post some quotes in a bit.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Michael Bennett on his new deal with the Seahawks March 10
- Michael Bennett signs 4-year deal to stay in Seattle March 10
- Michael Bennett expected to sign with Bears… Wait, no, never mind March 10
- Report: Red Bryant heading to Jacksonville March 8
- Seahawks place second-round tender on WR Doug Baldwin March 7
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.