Seahawks draft LSU RB Spencer Ware in sixth round
Good thing we all stopped trying to understand John Schneider and Pete Carroll's draft methods a while back.
With pick No. 194, the Seahawks took LSU running back Spencer Ware, adding to a position group that already includes Marshawn Lynch, Robert Turbin, and this year's second-round pick, Christine Michael.
But the fact that Ware weighs 229 pounds and ran in the 4.6s makes you wonder if maybe the Seahawks didn't draft him as a running back as much as a fullback. Ware played some fullback at LSU, and when you add to that the fact that Michael Robinson is in the final year of his contract, which pays him $2.5 million, none of which is guaranteed, and it's entirely possible the Seahawks are looking at Ware as a fullback.
We'll find out more when we talk to Carroll and Schneider after the draft.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Michael Bennett expected to sign with Bears… Wait, no, never mind March 10
- Report: Red Bryant heading to Jacksonville March 8
- Seahawks place second-round tender on WR Doug Baldwin March 7
- Clint Dempsey back with Sounders; available for Saturday’s opener March 7
- Seahawks re-sign Jeanpierre and Johnson March 7
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.