Seahawks waive TE/pro basketball player Darren Fells
Well that experiment is now over, with the Seahawks waiving Fells Wednesday. The move hardly comes as a big surprise--despite being an athletic big man on the court, Fells had not played football in a long, long time, and his signing was not the type of move that said, "We found a solution to a need at tight end," but rather if anything a move that said, "We see an athletic tight end as a need, and while we signed a long-shot in March, we'll probably draft at that position in April." And the Seahawks did just that, adding tight end Luke Willson in the fifth round.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks DE Michael Bennett denies trade report; still ‘feels the same way’ about Jimmy Graham April 9
- Lloyd McClendon ‘much more comfortable’ with Mariners’ current lineup vs. lefties April 7
- Mariners opening day lineups, links and pregame notes April 6
- Pete Carroll quotes from UW Pro Day April 2
- Seahawks re-sign DT Jesse Williams and FB Will Tukuafu April 1
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.