Seahawks DL Greg Scruggs has torn ACL
Scruggs, a seventh-round pick last year, carved out a role for himself in Seattle's defensive line rotation as an interior pass rusher, and appeared in 11 games, recording five tackles and two sacks.
The Seahawks did not announce how the injury happened, though players have been in for preseason workouts, nor did the team give a timeline for his recovery. But ACL surgery this far into the offseason would almost certainly mean that Scruggs will miss the 2013 season. All knee injuries and recoveries are different, but in general sixth months is considered a very fast comeback from ACL surgery, which would put Scruggs back late in the season, at best. That would make it very unlikely that the Seahawks would hold a spot for him on the 53-man roster rather than place him on injured reserve.
Scruggs' injury only increases the likelihood that third-round pick, Jordan Hill, sees significant playing time as an interior pass rusher.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Michael Bennett on his new deal with the Seahawks March 10
- Michael Bennett signs 4-year deal to stay in Seattle March 10
- Michael Bennett expected to sign with Bears… Wait, no, never mind March 10
- Report: Red Bryant heading to Jacksonville March 8
- Seahawks place second-round tender on WR Doug Baldwin March 7
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.