Seahawks QB Portis arrested on suspicion of DUI
According to the Washington State Patrol arrest report, Portis was pulled over for driving 80 MPH on eastbound I-90 on the night of May 5. According to the report, the officer "smelled a strong odor of intoxicants" coming from the vehicle, and that Portis said he had not been drinking. Portis declined to take a breath test, and was arrested and was arrested and transported to WSP headquarters in Bellevue. There, Portis consented to a breath test, and registered readings of .092 and .078.
Portis, who spent the 2011 season on Seattle's 53-man roster, spent most of last season on the practice squad before being released in November. He was re-signed this offseason to compete for Seattle's vacant backup QB job. Portis was present for Seattle's OTA Monday.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks season tickets sold out. So is the waiting list July 9
- Russell Wilson on race and a few other Wednesday links July 9
- Naked Marshawn Lynch hits the newsstand and other Seahawks links July 8
- Kyle Seager calls All-Star selection a “dream come true” July 7
- Yedlin back with Sounders, 'focused on Seattle' amid transfer rumors July 7
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.