Upcoming classes: Hiking, paddling, navigation
Introduction to map and compass: This is a quick class, just two hours, on June 18 that gives you an overview of how to, you guessed it, use a map and compass. The Mountaineers also have a longer, more detailed course, but there's not one coming up anytime in the near future. If you're up for traveling to Tacoma or Olympia, though, a few are scheduled. Click here to see the list.
Basic hiking seminar: This is a free seminar in Seattle on June 20. You'll get information on all the basics to get you started hiking happily and safely. While the class is free, you do need to register here.
Stand up paddling course: A few of these are coming up, all in Seattle. Follow the link to learn more about them.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Beyond skiing and snowboarding: 11 ways to play in the snow Dec. 21
- Still need a tree? Rent a live one, then plant it to help salmon Dec. 18
- Get a ski or snowboard helmet for only $25 Dec. 16
- Wilderness addition protects popular recreation area Dec. 14
- Gift ideas for your favorite outdoor adventurer (or yourself) Dec. 14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.