Avalanche danger is high, be careful out there
Recent rain and snow has made storm slab avalanches possible, especially in the central and south Cascades.
If you're heading out to play in the snow this weekend, check the report and be aware of the snowpack. If in doubt, go find somewhere else to play.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Upcoming events to support Snohomish County Helicopter Rescue Team March 7
- Take a guided kayak tour on Lake Sammamish, learn about wildlife March 5
- Outdoor events: Pack light, learn about slugs, Fred Beckey, more March 5
- Little Si is a short, sweet trail you can do nearly year-round March 3
- Show us your best shots for winter photo contest March 3
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.