Where to eat after an outdoor adventure
So I'm always looking for a good place to stop for dinner on the way home.
I'm not the only one. Here are three lists I've found of places to refuel after a hard day's work on the trail.
Seattle Mountaineers scramble dining guide: This is a great list. It has a long collection of recommendations, divided by region. Scroll down for quotes describing each place, which give you an brief idea of what to expect, or quick tips on what's good on the menu. This list is compiled by a Mountaineers volunteer and is in its sixth edition.
NWhikers.net: This hiking forum has an ongoing discussion about the best places to eat. The post is set up as a wiki, so anyone can edit it to add their suggestions. And there's also a continuing discussion/debate about the merits of various locations in the comments.
WTA's dining guide: This list is old, from 2006, but it could get you started looking for somewhere tasty.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Staircase Rapids: Easy hike along a charming river Jan. 20
- Make reservations now for best summer camping spots Jan. 18
- Got high hopes? Try Everett Mountaineer's scrambling course Jan. 16
- Climbers finish free climb of inspiring route on El Capitan Jan. 14
- Parks, Forest Service go fee-free for MLK Day Jan. 14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.