State parks and Forest Service lands free Saturday
Some nearby parks have events planned this weekend. A selection:
Fishing derby: A youth fishing derby is Saturday at Cama Beach from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. There will be lessons and contests. No parking pass or license required on Saturday. More information is here.
Geocache: To mark the 100th year of Washington state parks, 100 geocaches are hidden in parks across the state. The kickoff event to celebrate the fun begins on Saturday at Camano Island State Park. Get more information here.
Native American culture: The Salish Sea Native American Culture Celebration with the Samish and Swinomish tribes is from noon to 4 p.m. on Saturday at Deception Pass State Park. There will be canoe rides, native singers, drummers and storytellers. You can also buy a salmon and frybread lunch. More details are here.
Kukutali Preserve: Take a tour of Kukutali Preserve at Deception Pass from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. every Saturday. Reservations required. For more information or to make a reservation, call 360-661-0682.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Wildlife up close, fishing meeting, eagle fest, and more outdoor events Jan. 30
- Learn about Puget Sound while helping to protect its waters Jan. 28
- Staircase Rapids: Easy hike along a charming river Jan. 20
- Make reservations now for best summer camping spots Jan. 18
- Got high hopes? Try Everett Mountaineer's scrambling course Jan. 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.