Report: Seahawks expected to sign Tarvaris Jackson
Now, it appears a deal will be done to bring Jackson in to compete for the backup job. ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Wednesday morning that Jackson is expected to sign a one-year deal with Seattle.
Former Bills QB Tarvaris Jackson expected to sign a one-year deal with Seattle, where he once was Seahawks' captain.That's a move that not only will potentially upgrade the Seahawks at backup quarterback, but that will also go over very well in the locker room. Jackson was well thought of enough to be named Seattle's offensive captain not long after joining the team in 2011, and he earned tremendous respect from his teammates when he played most of the season with a partially torn pectoral muscle.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) June 12, 2013
The Seahawks have the second practice of a mandatory minicamp this afternoon, so we should have more on this later in the day.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Friday injury updates from Pete Carroll Dec. 26
- Seahawks release DT Travian Robertson Dec. 26
- Marshawn Lynch fined for his, um, gripping touchdown celebration Dec. 26
- Russell Wilson dancing with his grandma? Russell Wilson dancing with his grandma Dec. 26
- Seahawks-Rams Wednesday injury report Dec. 24
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.