Three apply for Snohomish County sheriff's job
They are sheriff's Capt. Ty Trenary, sheriff's detective Sgt. James Upton and John Clark, whose occupation wasn't immediately available.
By the end of the month, the County Council plans to install a new sheriff. Lovick recently was appointed Snohomish County executive.
Because the sheriff is a nonpartisan elected official, there's no official vetting by any political party.
The council has scheduled interviews with prospective candidates at 1:30 p.m. June 25, with a vote expected the next day.
The appointee will serve until a special election can be held in November 2014 for the final year remaining on the term.
An election for a full four-year term is set for 2015.
Most recent Sirens posts
- New fire chief hired for North County Nov. 19
- Everett firefighter arrested in sex-crimes investigation Nov. 19
- 3 people, dog escape from fire that destroyed house near Snohomish Nov. 19
- Unattended stove blamed in Edmonds house fire Nov. 18
- Granite Falls police chief remains on leave after crash Nov. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.