Customers, states line up for Boeing's 787-10
Boeing is expected to launch the latest Dreamliner this week during the Paris Air Show. The jet maker could do so with 100 orders, valued at $30 billion, Reuters reported Monday.
Interested airlines include United Airlines, Singapore Airlines and British Airways. Boeing and GE Capital Aviation Services announced on Monday the leasing company's commitment for 10 787-10s at the air show.
Airlines aren't the only ones awaiting the formal launch of 787-10. Officials from Washington and South Carolina are anxious to hear where Boeing will build the newest 787. The Seattle Times reported that Everett could lose out to Boeing's North Charleston site, partly for logistical reasons.
Rep. Rick Larsen, who is representing Washington at the air show, was more optimistic. In a recorded media call Monday, he said Boeing hasn't made a decision yet where to build the 787-10. Larsen, a last-minute replacement for Gov. Jay Inslee, met with Boeing CEO Jim McNerney at the air show Monday.
"We will have an opportunity to share in Boeing's growth," Larsen said, noting Boeing's upcoming programs like the 787-10 and 777X.
Larsen and other members of the governor's delegation also met BAE Systems, Spanish aeronautical supplier Aciturri, Germany's Diehl Aerospace, and Liebherr aerospace about possible expansion and investment in Washington state.
"It's a global market … we came to play," Larsen said.
- Need to Know: Boeing vs. Airbus: hardware out the door 6/23/13
- Photos from the Paris Air Show 6/21/13
- Aerospace blog: Complete list of Boeing order announcements in Paris 6/20/13
- Airbus eyes Washington for engineering center 6/20/13
- Boeing, Airbus log big orders as upstarts falter 6/20/13
- Bothell aerospace firm to open Everett plant 6/19/13
- 737 orders headline Paris Air Show 6/19/13
- Aerospace blog: Korean Air orders Boeing 747s, 777s 6/18/13
- Boeing launches 787-10 with 5 customers 6/18/13
- Boeing launches 787-10 with five customers 6/18/13
- Paris: GECAS embraces Boeing 787-10; Airbus has A380 deal 6/17/13
- Delegation to tout states place in aerospace in Paris 6/16/13
- Paris Air Show: wide-body battle and drones 6/16/13
- United to shift to biggest Dreamliner, A350s 6/15/13
- Boeing takes new catalog of jets to Paris 6/14/13
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.