Democrats endorse candidates in south Snohomish County
Ryan is running for the County Council position that incumbent Dave Gossett is leaving because of term limits.
Gough faces challenges in the August primary from City Councilmen Mark Smith and Loren Simmonds and from Edmonds Community College administrator Nicola Smith. Boyer faces challengers James Robert Deal and Michael Moor. In both cases, the top two vote-getters in the primary advance to the November general election.
Fraley-Monillas faces former Councilman Ron Wambolt in November.
The County Democrats made no other endorsements for south Snohomish County offices. County Democratic Chairman Richard Wright said Thursday that no candidates had sought endorsements for other positions but said that the Democrats would hold one more round of endorsements before the primary and at least one between the primary and November.
Evan Smith can be reached at email@example.com.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Larsen hosts community talk Dec. 6
- Democratic State Rep. Liias plans bid to replace retiring 21st District Sen. Paull Shin Dec. 5
- Another voice against districts for city council elections Dec. 2
- Final, certified S. Snohomish County election results Dec. 2
- Edmonds, Lynnwood council members oppose election by district Nov. 26
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.