Mariners DFA Jeremy Bonderman, recall Lucas Luetge
Bonderman was designated for assignment by the Mariners on Monday, meaning the team has 10 days to trade him, release him or outright him to the minors.
Bonderman went 1-3 with a 4.93 earned-run average in seven starts with the Mariners. He had a nice stretch in mid-June, posting a 1-0 record and a 1.42 ERA over four starts, but Bonderman is 0-2 in his past two starts with a 10.80 ERA.
Reliever Lucas Luetge fills out the 25-man roster for now, but the Mariners will need to add a starting pitcher by Thursday, which was scheduled to be Bonderman's next turn in the rotation. A likely candidate is Erasmo Ramirez, who likely would have won a roster spot to start the season had it not been for an elbow issue during spring training. Ramirez is pitching at Class AAA Tacoma.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- ‘Inside the NFL’ goes inside the Super Bowl’s deciding play Feb. 4
- Seahawks sign 11 to future contracts Feb. 4
- Some quotes from the Seahawks on locker clean-out day Feb. 3
- Russell Wilson reflects on Super Bowl loss; isn’t thinking about new contract yet Feb. 3
- Doug Baldwin on his penalized TD celebration and on Darrell Bevell's criticism of Ricardo Lockette Feb. 3
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.