Video of helicopter rescue on Mount Pilchuck
Andrew Toyota, the chair of Everett Mountain Rescue, which works close the the Snohomish County Helicopter Rescue team, sent this video to me.
It shows a fascinating view of the rescue operation. I have to say, I hope to never, ever need their help. But if I do, I'm glad to know they're such a skilled team.
From Andrew: EMRU went in to rescue an injured hiker off Mt. Pilchuck: The entire helicopter operation was captured by someone at the lookout tower, a rescuer on the ground and myself, who was the helicopter tech for both days. It's unique to get this type of footage that details what goes into a "straightforward" rescue. Mountain rescuers from Everett, Olympia and Skagit hiked in to keep the subject warm overnight and provide be a viable evacuation alternative, should the helicopter not be able to extract him.
HRT Pilchuck Mission July 5/6, 2013 from Snohomish HRT on Vimeo.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Help us pick the best winter photos March 13
- Local climber invites others to join trek to Kilimanjaro for charity March 13
- State will begin clearing Highway 20 on March 31 March 12
- Video: Exploring Jetty Island and ship graveyard on standup paddleboard March 12
- Show us your best shots for winter photo contest March 12
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.