Video of helicopter rescue on Mount Pilchuck
Andrew Toyota, the chair of Everett Mountain Rescue, which works close the the Snohomish County Helicopter Rescue team, sent this video to me.
It shows a fascinating view of the rescue operation. I have to say, I hope to never, ever need their help. But if I do, I'm glad to know they're such a skilled team.
From Andrew: EMRU went in to rescue an injured hiker off Mt. Pilchuck: The entire helicopter operation was captured by someone at the lookout tower, a rescuer on the ground and myself, who was the helicopter tech for both days. It's unique to get this type of footage that details what goes into a "straightforward" rescue. Mountain rescuers from Everett, Olympia and Skagit hiked in to keep the subject warm overnight and provide be a viable evacuation alternative, should the helicopter not be able to extract him.
HRT Pilchuck Mission July 5/6, 2013 from Snohomish HRT on Vimeo.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Make reservations now for best summer camping spots Jan. 18
- Got high hopes? Try Everett Mountaineer's scrambling course Jan. 16
- Climbers finish free climb of inspiring route on El Capitan Jan. 14
- Parks, Forest Service go fee-free for MLK Day Jan. 14
- Learn the basics of boating at upcoming classes Jan. 9
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.