Beware of extreme fire danger east of Cascades
RED FLAG WARNING - A red flag warning has been issued for the southeast third of Washington state today. Red flag means weather conditions are ideal for fires to start and grow rapidly. Please use extreme caution today!
Also, there is a burn ban in place on DNR-protected lands until Sept. 30. Most types of outdoor burning are prohibited on lands under state DNR fire protection. Federal lands are not included in the ban. Fires are allowed in approved pits in designated campgrounds. Stoves and barbecues are also not included in the ban. Read more about it here. Click here to check out the fire danger where you are.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Take a guided kayak tour on Lake Sammamish, learn about wildlife March 5
- Outdoor events: Pack light, learn about slugs, Fred Beckey, more March 5
- Little Si is a short, sweet trail you can do nearly year-round March 3
- Show us your best shots for winter photo contest March 3
- Audubon butterfly app is free today Feb. 28
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.