Bulls, 2nd-year QBs and ranking NFL coaches; your morning Seahawks reading
One of the big offseason topics, especially in these parts, is what first-year phenom QBs Russell Wilson, Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III and Colin Kaepernick (not a rookie last year, but a first-year starter) will do for an encore. Grantland.com's Bill Barnwell takes a look at all four trying to decide who will have the best 2013 season, and comes away with the conclusion that Wilson is in the best position to have a big sophomore season.
Barnwell writes: "So that leaves Wilson, who picked up a no. 1 wideout over the offseason, Vikings standout Percy Harvin. Even better, Wilson won't be splitting the first-team practice reps with anybody during training camp this year. I'm pretty comfortable picking him as the best quarterback from the Gang of Four in 2013. (Also, sorry for putting that hex on you, Russell Wilson.)"
CBSSports.com's Pete Prisco takes a crack at ranking all 32 NFL head coaches, and he has Pete Carroll at No. 15 on the list, mostly based on his career body of work, not Carroll's recent success:
15. Pete Carroll, Seattle Seahawks: He's done a nice job in Seattle, and his team is on the rise, but he has just two double-digit winning seasons in seven years as a head coach. His career record also has him only four games over .500. That's just OK. He's a hot coach now, but his record has him ranked in the middle.
As you've no doubt heard by now, Seahawks fans will try to get into the Guinness World Record for crowd noise during their home opener. Now, fans in Kansas City want to take a crack at the record.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Michael Bennett and Bryan Walters added to Seahawks' Thursday injury report Oct. 23
- Seahawks getting huge ratings numbers in 2014 Oct. 23
- Russell Wilson: 'There's no division in our locker room' Oct. 23
- Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell on life after Harvin Oct. 22
- Seahawks-Panthers Wednesday injury report Oct. 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.