Mariners rookie Brad Miller named AL Player of the Week
Miller is the first Mariners rookie to earn that honor since Ken Griffey Jr. in April of 1989 (how Ichiro never earned the award is beyond me).
From the team:
In three games vs. the Astros, Miller hit .385 (5x13) with 4 runs scored, 2 home runs, 7 RBI and a 1.346 OPS…he recorded the first 2 home runs and a career-high 5 RBI Friday vs. the Astros…Miller becomes the first Mariners player to earn POW honors since Felix Hernandez (8/20/12), and the first position player since Justin Smoak (6/4/12)…he is the first Mariners rookie to earn the honor since Ken Griffey Jr. in 1989 (week ending 4/30/89)…in 19 games this season Miller is batting .272 (20x74) with 14 RBI.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- UW and Nike unveil new football uniforms April 18
- Sidney Rice returning to Seahawks April 16
- Mariners recall Nick Franklin and James Jones from Tacoma April 16
- Mariners manager Lloyd McClendon on the significance of wearing 42 April 15
- Sidney Rice cleared by doctor, could be a target of Seahawks April 14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.