Boater crashes into Everett police boathouse
A boat operator accidentally crashed into the boathouse where the Everett police boat is stored. The collision caused “substantial structural damage,” Everett police spokesman Aaron Snell said. The damage was discovered Tuesday night. The police boat was not damaged.
Police are in contact with the driver.
A collision investigation was underway Wednesday. The incident is believed to be an accident, Snell said. Additional details were not available while officers wrapped up their reports.
The boathouse at the Everett marina is owned by the Port of Everett, Snell said.
Most recent Sirens posts
- New fire chief hired for North County Nov. 19
- Everett firefighter arrested in sex-crimes investigation Nov. 19
- 3 people, dog escape from fire that destroyed house near Snohomish Nov. 19
- Unattended stove blamed in Edmonds house fire Nov. 18
- Granite Falls police chief remains on leave after crash Nov. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.