Mariners C Mike Zunino placed on disabled list
Catcher Mike Zunino, who injured his hand Thursday on a second-inning RBI single, has a fractured hamate bone and has been placed on the 15-day disabled list. Zunino will have surgery next week and is expected to miss approximately six weeks.
A corresponding move has not yet been made, but expect to see the Mariners call up a catcher with Henry Blanco currently the only catcher on the roster.
Since being called up from Tacoma on June 12, Zunino hit .242 with 4 doubles, 2 home runs and 10 RBI in 29 games. He's been heating up of late, hitting .324 in his last 11 games with 2 doubles, one home run, 6 RBI and 7 walks.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks snow-day links Dec. 20
- Seahawks-Cardinals Thursday injury report includes some new names Dec. 19
- Richard Sherman on DPOY race, "idiot" draft analysts, Larry Fitzgerald and more Dec. 19
- When rivalry one-upmanship becomes a very good thing; plus Thursday links Dec. 19
- Seahawks-Cardinals Thursday injury report Dec. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.