Seahawks off-day reading (and viewing)
Today's story in The Herald focuses on second-year tight end Sean McGrath, who is trying to make the most out of his opportunity with the team thin at his position.
Peter King's weekly Monday Morning Quarterback column (which should be a must-read for football fans every week) touches on the Percy Harvin injury situation, with King saying he doesn't think the receiver will need surgery.
King Writes: My money's on rest and treatment—and Harvin to be ready on opening day.
Tom Pelissero of USA Today was in town earlier in camp, and has a good story on Russell Wilson, which includes a pretty cool anecdote about Wilson trying to track down the number of Darren Fells days after Fells was signed to invite him to L.A. for a workout.
CBSSports.com's Jason La Canfora was at Seahawks practice Sunday (and at the Sounders game too), and he too checks in the Harvin situation. One interesting note from that story is that John Schneider says multiple teams called about trying to trade for Doug Baldwin after Harvin was acquired, but Schneider wasn't interested. La Canfora also offers some observations from practice.
NFL.com doesn't let me embed videos, but click on this link to watch a pretty funny video of Percy Harvin and Richard Sherman breaking down film.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Pete Carroll on New England's use of unusual formations: "it's on us to see it." Jan. 29
- Richard Sherman hoping his unborn son is a “disciplined young man” until after Super Bowl Jan. 29
- Pete Carroll admits "it's going to be a big challenge" sustaining success after Russell Wilson gets paid Jan. 29
- Marshawn Lynch speaks up to ask media 'what are y'all here for?' Jan. 29
- Seahawks Super Bowl practice report for Wednesday Jan. 28
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.