Scuffling Brewers offer fans food vouchers
Fans who attend a Brewers home game in August will receive a $10 voucher good for food, drinks, merchandise and game tickets. Team owner Mark Attanasio said Monday "this has been a challenging season for all of us" but the fan support has not wavered.
The Brewers are in last place in the Central Division and one of the worst teams in the major. Last week, star slugger Ryan Braun accepted a season-ending 65-game suspension after admitting to violating baseball's rules against using performance-enhancing drugs.
The team says it expects attendance at its 12 August home games to average over 30,000 fans. That means the promotion would cost about $3.6 million.
- Zokan helps AquaSox shut out Hops 6-0 7/29/13
- Mariners recall Morse; Bay designated for assignment 7/29/13
- Tigers acquire reliever Veras from Astros 7/29/13
- Police search lake in Hernandez's hometown 7/29/13
- Rays acquire reliever Crain from White Sox 7/29/13
- White Sox's Peavy bracing for possible trade 7/29/13
- MLB reportedly threatens to permanently ban A-Rod 7/29/13
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.