AquaSox beat Hawks 7-4
Boise started quickly, scoring two runs on four singles in the top of the first inning. Everett tied the score in the bottom half of the inning on Kyle Petty’s two-out, two-run home run to left field.
The Hawks reclaimed the lead on Yasiel Balaguert’s two-run homer to center field with two outs in the top of the third, making it 4-2.
Everett didn’t let Boise’s lead last.
The Hawks went to their bullpen in the bottom of the third, Duane Underwood replacing Paul Blackburn. With one out, Underwood walked Jack Reinheimer, gave up a single to Justin Seager and then hit Petty with a pitch to load the bases.
Christian Carmichael singled to left to drive in one run, and one out later, Underwood hit Reggie Lawson with a pitch to score another. Bryan Brito lined a single to center field and the AquaSox had a 5-4 lead.
Everett scored again in the sixth and seventh innings.
- Orioles acquire starting pitcher Norris from Astros 7/31/13
- Diamondbacks trade Kennedy to Padres for Thatcher 7/31/13
- Yankees' Rodriguez mum as suspension looms 7/31/13
- Rays place All-Star pitcher Moore on DL 7/31/13
- Source: MLB threatening A-Rod with lifetime ban 7/31/13
- Red Sox beat Mariners 5-4 in 15 innings 7/31/13
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.