Planes, cars, festivals and more weekend fun
Car hopping: Check out more than 100 cars, trucks and motorcycles, and eat your way down Granite Avenue at Granite Falls' 33rd annual Show N' Shine from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday. The free event will have food and craft vendors, a street fair, raffles and more. Find out more here.
Waterfront fest: The Mukilteo Waterfront Arts Festival featuring a juried art show, art to buy, entertainment and food is from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday at Lighthouse Park, Mukilteo. There's free admission and free parking. More information here.
Outdoor movies: There are several opportunities to watch a movie under the stars this weekend.
- "Big Miracle" plays at Thornton A. Sullivan Park at Silver Lake on Friday. Pre-show entertainment begins at 7:30 p.m. The movie starts at dusk. Learn more here.
- "The Lorax" will play at Lake Tye Park in Monroe on Friday. Pre-show entertainment begins at 8 p.m. The movie starts at dusk. More.
- "Back to the Future" will play in the field at Edmonds' Frances Anderson Center on Friday. The movie begins at 9 p.m. More.
- "Thunderstruck" will play at Perrigoue Memorial Park in Granite Falls on Friday. The movie starts at dusk. The park is on Jordan Road just off W. Stanley Street. More.
- "Mary Poppins" plays at Jennings Park in Marysville on Saturday. The movie will begin around 9 p.m. More.
Fair time: Check out carnival rides, human and animal entertainment, fair food, exhibits and competitions at the Stanwood-Camano Community Fair. The three-day event costs $7 to $10 daily; carnival passes are $20 through Friday. Find out more here.
Outdoor concerts:There are several options to take the family to a free and local concert this weekend.
- Danny Vernon will perform as Elvis at North Creek sports field No. 3 in Bothell on Friday. The show is from 6:30 to 8 p.m. More information.
- Luc and the Lovingtons will perform world music at Port Gardner Landing in Everett on Saturday. The show is from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. More information.
- Northwest folk due Reilly and Maloney will perform at Port Gardner Landing in Everett on Sunday. The show is from 2 to 4 p.m. More information.
- The instrumental Around the Sound Community Band will perform at City Park in Edmonds on Sunday. The show is from 3 to 4 p.m. More information.
Work your mind out: A Right Brain Aerobics class with lectures, interactive exercises, and suggestions is at the Mukilteo Library from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday. Preregister and get more information here.
Castaway: Check out a theater production of "An Epic Parody: Gilligan's Island," with showings on Friday and Saturday. Tickets are $5 to $10. Find out more here.
Rooting around: Saturday is the final day of the American Roots Music Series from 6 to 8 p.m. at Deception Pass State Park, 41020 Highway 20, Oak Harbor. The concert features A Moment in Time, a Seattle African-American a cappella gospel quartet. It's free, but a Discover Pass is required to park. More information here.
Shorts from the swamp: Kidstage Entertainment will feature a free performance of excerpts from Village Theatre's "Shrek the Musical" at noon on Friday. Find out more here.
History: Tour a trolley and historic buildings Heritage Park in Lynnwood. There will be an open house from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday. Find out more here.
Park for free: Visit any Washington State Park fee-free on Sunday. It's one of 12 days a year that vehicles will not be required to display a Discover Pass for park access. Details here.
Haggle: Visit the "Mother of All Garage Sales" from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday in Everett. The sale features more than 100 households and has attracted thousands of yard salers. More information here.
Plan ahead: See more of what's coming in Splash, our annual guide to summer events.
More things to do: Check out our new, improved calendar for more upcoming events in and around Snohomish County.
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.