Former Lynnwood Councilman Jim Smith surviving tough three-way primary
Jim Smith held second place among three candidates in the latest results released Thursday for this week's primary. Smith had 33.82 percent of the vote to 34.01 percent for City Planning Commission member Ian Cotton and 31.78 percent for City Diversity Commission Chairwoman Shirley Sutton.
Smith was a council member until 2011, when he lost in the November election to current Councilman Van AuBuchon by 10 votes after a hand recount.
The top two vote-getters in the primary advance to the Nov. 5 general election.
Evan Smith can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Ortiz-Self's first bill clears Senate, heads to governor March 12
- 8 applicants considered for Alderwood Water commissioner March 11
- State Sen. Chase to hold town hall meeting Saturday March 11
- New organization joins fight of proposed Point Wells project March 10
- New Mountlake Terrace city manager says city in good shape March 10
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.