Former Lynnwood Councilman Jim Smith surviving tough three-way primary
Jim Smith held second place among three candidates in the latest results released Thursday for this week's primary. Smith had 33.82 percent of the vote to 34.01 percent for City Planning Commission member Ian Cotton and 31.78 percent for City Diversity Commission Chairwoman Shirley Sutton.
Smith was a council member until 2011, when he lost in the November election to current Councilman Van AuBuchon by 10 votes after a hand recount.
The top two vote-getters in the primary advance to the Nov. 5 general election.
Evan Smith can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Peterson’s bill on paint recycling has Tuesday Senate hearing March 17
- County charter-review positions will be on November ballot March 16
- Legislative District town-hall events Saturday in 1st, 21st, 32nd districts March 12
- Legislators from 21st District hold telephone town hall Wednesday March 11
- 32nd District Dems to discuss endorsements, presidential nomination Wednesday March 11
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.