N. Cascades Hwy closed through weekend
Crews are working to clear the mess, but it's a big job. There is also rain in the forecast for this weekend, which could mean there will be more slides.
"Assuming no new slides, WSDOT maintenance and contractor crews still have about 20 football field's worth of soil, boulders and trees to remove. Once the road is cleared, additional drainage work as well as guardrail and pavement repair must be completed before the road can be reopened to drivers," the WSDOT said in a press release.
If you have a trip planned to the east side of the mountains, U.S. 2 is your best bet for now.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Outdoor events: Pack light, learn about slugs, Fred Beckey, more March 5
- Little Si is a short, sweet trail you can do nearly year-round March 3
- Show us your best shots for winter photo contest March 3
- Audubon butterfly app is free today Feb. 28
- Video: 'We're throwing a bomb out of a moving helicopter' Feb. 28
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.