Seahawks morning links: Bailey still learning
But, if you ask offensive line coach Tom Cable, you'll hear that Bailey has a long ways to go.
"In terms of running the football, he had a huge intensity problem in college," Cable said when asked about Bailey being undrafted. "He would appear in film like he loved to stand up and pass protect, but here that's only half the battle. It's not too difficult to see why he was available to us where he was."
And Bailey won't argue, saying, "I'm nowhere close to being ready to play yet when the whistle starts blowing for real."
Danny O'Neil of 710 ESPN Seattle has a good roster breakdown, looking at the numbers crunch on both offense and defense.
Tim Booth of the AP has this feature on Earl Thomas, who might be the most important player on the Seahawks defense.
Eric Williams of the TNT chats with cornerback Byron Maxwell, who has had a good camp, but who also knows he needs to stay healthy to make an impact.
Seattle Times columnist Jerry Brewery writes about Red Bryant, who is looking to return to his 2011 form after a subpar season last year.
Not a Seahawks-specific story, but this piece by Andrew Brandt a former NFL exec who, amongst other jobs, was the Packers cap guy for a decade, gives a very good inside look at the affect injuries have on a team from a business perspective.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Dempsey on Letterman, Sherman in the top 10, Seahawks set for the future and other Thursday links July 10
- Seahawks season tickets sold out. So is the waiting list July 9
- Russell Wilson on race and a few other Wednesday links July 9
- Naked Marshawn Lynch hits the newsstand and other Seahawks links July 8
- Kyle Seager calls All-Star selection a “dream come true” July 7
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.