Tuesday Seahawks practice notes
Miller says his foot is 100 percent healed now that that the injury isn't one that should be an issue going forward, saying it is a "one-time thing once it's healed." Miller didn't want to go into details about the injury, but said it is not the same one he had in the playoffs last year.
J.R. Sweezy talked today about the team's decision to send John Moffitt to Cleveland, a move that signified Sweezy was the clear winner of the competition at right guard. Sweezy noted that he and Moffitt remained friends throughout the competition and he said he gave Moffitt and hug and wished him well before he headed off to Cleveland.
Carroll noted that the trade happened not just because Sweezy took control of the competition, but because of the strong play of several rookies like Alvin Bailey, Michael Bowie and Ryan Seymore who give the Seahawks more depth on the line.
DT Tony McDaniel, who has been out a while with a groin injury, was back, though he was limited. Among the other players practicing but limited were RB Christine Michael, who missed last week with back spasms, DE Cliff Avril, who returned to practice last week following a hamstring injury, and DE Bruce Irvin (groin). FB Michael Robinson was absent due to illness, though Carroll said Robinson will be back this week and should be fine for Friday's game in Green Bay.
Brian Sanford, the defensive lineman acquired in the Moffitt trade, was not on the field yet, though when he is Carroll said they'll use him as an interior pass rusher. Carroll praised Sanford's motor and said he's somewhat similar to rookie Jordan Hill. And speaking of Hill, the rookie injured his arm during practice, Carroll said, though the severity of that injury is not yet known.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Katy Perry texts with Russell Wilson, imitates Marshawn Lynch, likes the Seahawks Sunday Jan. 29
- Pete Carroll on New England's use of unusual formations: 'it's on us to see it' Jan. 29
- Richard Sherman hoping his unborn son is a “disciplined young man” until after Super Bowl Jan. 29
- Pete Carroll admits 'it's going to be a big challenge' sustaining success after Russell Wilson gets paid Jan. 29
- Marshawn Lynch speaks up to ask media 'what are y'all here for?' Jan. 29
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.