Road reopens to Cascade Pass trailhead in N. Cascades
The road closed about 3 miles from the trailhead on Aug. 11 after a huge downpour washed out the road. The washout stranded many hikers on the other side. The park service helped those who were stranded by providing food and water. On Aug. 12, a temporary fix was in place and the hikers were able to drive out.
The fix of the road is still temporary, but it has been deemed sufficiently stable and approved by the park service. The parks staff is considering options for a permanent fix.
The trailhead is extremely popular. It offers access to Cascade Pass and Sahale Arm, as well as other hikes.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Help us pick the best winter photos March 13
- Local climber invites others to join trek to Kilimanjaro for charity March 13
- State will begin clearing Highway 20 on March 31 March 12
- Video: Exploring Jetty Island and ship graveyard on standup paddleboard March 12
- Show us your best shots for winter photo contest March 12
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.