A contractor was drilling into the road about 3:36 p.m. when they hit the four-inch main, said Leslie Hynes, spokeswoman for Snohomish County Fire District 1.
No injuries were reported. Firefighters didn't anticipate any evacuations, but all cars and pedestrians were being kept out of the area, Hynes said.
The transit center remained open nearby.
Most recent Sirens posts
- Marysville bicyclist dies of injuries from collision with car June 30
- Three shot after argument in fast-food parking lot in Everett June 29
- Kenmore man drowns in Snohomish River June 29
- Delayed emergency dispatch software to go live in October June 26
- Marysville man, 78, killed in Arlington crash June 26
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.