Mariners recall Gutierrez, DFA Harang
To make room on their active roster, the Mariners have designated Aaron Harang for assignment, hardly a surprising move after another rough outing from Harang in Sunday's loss to the Angels.
Harang was 5-11 with a 5.76 ERA this season, and the Mariners have 10 days to trade, release or outright the contract of Harang to the minors.
Of course this means the Mariners need another starter before Harang's spot in the rotation comes around later this week. Options on the 40-man roster include the likes of Blake Beavan, Brandon Maurer and perhaps Hector Noesi, but the move that would make the biggest splash would be to call up Taijuan Walker from Tacoma. We'll see if the Mariners think Walker is ready, but the 21-year-old has been very impressive in the minors this season.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- UW and Nike unveil new football uniforms April 18
- Sidney Rice returning to Seahawks April 16
- Mariners recall Nick Franklin and James Jones from Tacoma April 16
- Mariners manager Lloyd McClendon on the significance of wearing 42 April 15
- Sidney Rice cleared by doctor, could be a target of Seahawks April 14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.