Seahawks make roster cuts; place DT Williams on IR
Williams was seen by many as a player with first-round talent, but he was available in the fifth round because of concern over a knee injury. And sure enough, that knee was an issue that limited Williams throughout camp, and will now keep him out for the season. Williams was a candidate to start at DT alongside Brandon Mebane when he was healthy early in camp.
The Seahawks released WR Perez Ashford, LB Kyle Knox, TE Jameson Konz, TE Andrei Lintz, LS Kyle Nelson, DT Martin Parker, and LB Craig Wilkins, and terminated the veteran contract of of WR Brett Swain (same result, just different language for a veteran).
The Seahawks aren't done yet, needing to make six more moves to get to 75.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- O'Brien Schofield signs with Falcons March 12
- Jimmy Graham talks about being traded to the Seahawks March 12
- Report: Stefen Wisniewski, a possible Max Unger replacement, will visit Seahawks March 11
- John Schneider talks some more about the Jimmy Graham trade on 710 ESPN Seattle March 11
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll and GM John Schneider discuss the Jimmy Graham trade March 10
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.