Seahawks make roster cuts; place DT Williams on IR
Williams was seen by many as a player with first-round talent, but he was available in the fifth round because of concern over a knee injury. And sure enough, that knee was an issue that limited Williams throughout camp, and will now keep him out for the season. Williams was a candidate to start at DT alongside Brandon Mebane when he was healthy early in camp.
The Seahawks released WR Perez Ashford, LB Kyle Knox, TE Jameson Konz, TE Andrei Lintz, LS Kyle Nelson, DT Martin Parker, and LB Craig Wilkins, and terminated the veteran contract of of WR Brett Swain (same result, just different language for a veteran).
The Seahawks aren't done yet, needing to make six more moves to get to 75.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Brandon Browner announces he has been reinstated by the NFL March 4
- Seahawks reportedly place second-round tender on S Jeron Johnson March 4
- Two Seahawks weigh in on N-word debate March 4
- Pete Carroll leaves the door open to possible Red Bryant, Sidney Rice returns March 4
- Seahawks don’t use franchise tag, as expected March 3
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.