New roundabouts open on Highway 92
A one-mile stretch of the highway between 99th Avenue NE and 113th Avenue NE was closed most of last week while the roundabouts were installed at those two intersections.
The roadway reopened with the new roundabouts in place on Saturday.
The roundabouts are expected to improve traffic flow and access at the crossings, which experienced a combined 42 accidents from 2006 to 2010, according to the state.
The two roundabouts cost a combined $7.7 million to design and build.
As many as 21,000 cars, trucks and motorcycles pass through the stretch of highway every day.
The intersection of 113th Avenue NE and Highway 92 is located a short distance from Highland Elementary School and Lake Stevens High School. Visibility is limited for drivers entering the highway at intersections along the stretch.
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your city of residence.
Most recent Street Smarts posts
- Bickford Avenue overpass to be closed Thursday night May 14
- Expect delays on Highway 9 bridge over Snohomish River May 2
- Construction work on 44th Avenue in Lynnwood starts Monday April 30
- Lane closure to affect Lynnwood-area street April 30
- Lane closures planned on 113th Drive in Lake Stevens April 29
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.