The explosion was reported about 12:50 p.m., Monroe Assistant Fire Chief Steve Guptill said. It apparently started after a problem lighting a gas stove, he said.
Another employee was treated at the scene.
The injuries did not appear life-threatening.
The explosion occurred at the booth for a Monroe stove business, said Bronlea Mishler, a Snohomish County spokeswoman. The store owner's injuries appeared to have been caused by flying glass when the front of the stove blew out.
A woman working at the booth also was injured, Mishler said. No fair patrons were hurt.
"The aid staff who were at the fair responded almost immediately," Mishler said. "While this is something we don't want to see happen, we're very pleased with the response of everyone at the fair."
The Snohomish County Fire Marshal's Office is investigating.
More Local News Headlines
Everett studentsí test scores better than state average Fourth of July events Loaner life jackets disappearing from parks around county Doris Hill Jelinek receives high school diploma on her 100th birthday Lake Stevens U-pick blueberry patch may have to close to the public Oso mudslide trial pushed to June 2016 Leque Island levees will be removed in effort to create salmon habitat Snohomish County marine group hosts crab photo contest
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.