Work to close Suiattle Road to foot and vehicle traffic
Here's a press release from the Forest Service:
Heavy construction will close Suiattle River Road (Forest Service road 26) 11.5 miles east of Highway 530 Sept. 6 through Oct. 10 to pedestrians, equestrians, bicyclists and vehicles on the Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest. After Oct. 10, the road will reopen to foot traffic, but remain closed to vehicles.
This closure blocks access to the Pacific Crest Trail from the Suiattle River Trail, Miners Ridge Trail to Image Lake and Downey Creek Trail. Check road and trail conditions or call Darrington Ranger District for more information at 360-436-1155.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Weekend reading: The Pacific Crest Trail March 8
- Upcoming events to support Snohomish County Helicopter Rescue Team March 7
- Take a guided kayak tour on Lake Sammamish, learn about wildlife March 5
- Outdoor events: Pack light, learn about slugs, Fred Beckey, more March 5
- Little Si is a short, sweet trail you can do nearly year-round March 3
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.