Work to close Suiattle Road to foot and vehicle traffic
Here's a press release from the Forest Service:
Heavy construction will close Suiattle River Road (Forest Service road 26) 11.5 miles east of Highway 530 Sept. 6 through Oct. 10 to pedestrians, equestrians, bicyclists and vehicles on the Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest. After Oct. 10, the road will reopen to foot traffic, but remain closed to vehicles.
This closure blocks access to the Pacific Crest Trail from the Suiattle River Trail, Miners Ridge Trail to Image Lake and Downey Creek Trail. Check road and trail conditions or call Darrington Ranger District for more information at 360-436-1155.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Everett man finishes big journey to visit 92 fire lookouts Aug. 20
- Cascade River Road will be closed starting Sept. 8 Aug. 20
- Orcas frolic alongside Mukilteo ferry in video Aug. 19
- Upcoming outdoor events: Sea creatures, free parks, more Aug. 15
- More impressive photos of recent lightning storm Aug. 13
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.