Suspects in Everett case overlook key getaway detail
The Bellingham Herald reports the alleged driver, 22-year-old Westley C. French, outran the law for five more hours this past weekend.
French and his alleged accomplices used those fleeting moments of freedom to give his green Nissan 240 SX a new coat of black spray paint. But they neglected to swap out the car's South Dakota plates when border agents found the car and the suspects outside of Nooksack Valley High School.
Everett police spokesman Aaron Snell says the suspects were wanted for beating two men during a car robbery.
Most recent Off the Wire posts
- Amateur rocketeers cheer as porta-potty takes to sky Dec. 7
- Baby weighing nearly 14 pounds born in Colorado Dec. 5
- Explosive episode: WWII grenade was embedded in Austria firewood Dec. 1
- MIT engineers have high hopes for cheetah robot Nov. 30
- Snow bird? Lost hummer gets lift from Minnesota to Texas Nov. 24
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.