Recess Music from your local library
The first time we listened to "Gratitude Attitude" we were driving up to the mountains for a family camping trip. I noticed that for about thirty minutes after we got out of the car, my kids were a lot better about saying "thank you". Then the effect wore off.
But as we continued to listen to the music all summer, some of the lessons stuck. "Use a napkin not your mom" by Kathy Kallick gets mentioned almost every day, and "Only Take What You Need" by Earth Mama is a family favorite.
The good news for all of us is that the Everett Public Library System and Sno-Isle Libraries have many of the "Best Foot Forward" CDs in their collections. This is music worth checking out. My library card is quivering in anticipation!
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- Some of us aren't football crazy; please don't hold it against us Feb. 1
- Putting the inmates ... er, kids to work Jan. 25
- Trying to survive the family festival of winter sickness Jan. 18
- Treasurer’s job is so much harder than just counting pennies Jan. 11
- Becoming a published author takes perseverance Jan. 4
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.