Statements from Alderwood Water District candidates
Here are introductory statements from the two candidates:
Roy N. George
It has been an honor to serve as your commissioner these past two terms. I have enjoyed working as a team with the other commissioners and district staff to ensure the district maintains safe, reliable and high quality drinking water and sewer services.
Our accomplishments include:
- Completion of the Picnic Point Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- Updating water mainlines to meet current standards and demands.
- Implemented new operational practices for efficiencies and cost-reducing changes.
- Provided a new website that allows customers to view details of their water and sewer invoices and much more.
My experience includes 23 years as a water district employee including nine years as the local union president. My degree in the sciences and serving 12 years as your commissioner has given me even greater experience. Except for four years of service in the US Navy, I have lived in South Snohomish County all my life with my family.
I will continue to strive to earn the public trust and work assure quality water at a sensible cost.
Elected Experience: Mark served over 13 years on his local school board, and was VP of the state association
Professional Experience: Microsoft and Boeing, owned retail stores employing 40, served as faculty member at WSU’s Small Business Development Center, where he was called a business expert.
Education: Washington State University, majoring in marketing and logistics. President of Student’s Book Corporation board.
Community Service: Co-founder of the Washington School Board’s Education Foundation, served 13 years on the Snohomish library board, the county’s Taxpayer Relief Advisory Committee and serves on the Evergreen State Fair board.
Statement: I will preserve our quality life by working for supply redundancy and keeping the artesian well open and free. Mark will bring fresh ideas to ensure financially stability while maintaining efficient, high quality services. Regional cooperation with neighboring agencies and our wholesale and retail customers and suppliers is key to a strong, well-maintained infrastructure.
As a pragmatic business person and community volunteer, Mark pledges accountability and transparency to the citizens served, while employing sound fiscal management practices. Mark is also a strong supporter of an efficient government that delivers solid value for money, with reasonable and equitable rates.
I would sincerely appreciate your vote.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Edmonds mayor, 2 Council incumbents running unopposed May 19
- Two School Board positions will have primary battles May 18
- Challengers force two Lynnwood councilmen into primary battles May 15
- Four incumbents running, one not running for Edmonds Council election May 15
- School Board candidates include one former, two current members May 14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.