NFL slaps Suh with $100,000 fine
NFL spokesman Randall Liu said vice president of football operations Merton Hanks notified Suh of the fine. Suh hit Vikings center John Sullivan during an interception return, drawing a penalty that negated a touchdown by Detroit linebacker DeAndre Levy.
Suh said he wasn't going after Sullivan's knees, adding that the two discussed the play at halftime. Detroit players said Suh apologized to the team Tuesday.
The NFL fined Suh $30,000 last year for unnecessary roughness when he kicked Houston quarterback Matt Schaub in the groin area. Suh was suspended two games in 2011 after stomping on Green Bay's Evan Dietrich-Smith.
- Rice video has profound impact on Seahawks' Carroll 9/11/14
- Women’s organization calls for Goodell to resign 9/10/14
- Rams DE Long to miss at least 2 months after ankle surgery 9/10/14
- Law enforcement official says he sent Rice video to NFL 5 months ago 9/10/14
- Chargers put C Hardwick on IR with a recurring neck stinger 9/10/14
- Cardinals linebacker Abraham leaves team, considers retiring 9/10/14
- Walters to replace Thomas as Seahawks' punt returner 9/10/14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.