K.J. Wright on Tweets with 49ers RB, "There's nothing to it."
So when reporters approached Wright in the locker room Thursday, the linebacker laught as nearby teammates yelled, "No comment."
"What are we talking about?" Wright asked sarcastically.
As for those Tweets, Wright said it was not a big deal, noting that he and Dixon are friends going back to their days as teammates at Mississippi State.
"It got blown up, which it shouldn’t have," he said. "Just an old college teammate. I’ve known this dude for six years, we’re just kidding around, man. There’s nothing to it.
"Even if I didn’t know him it wouldn’t have been that big a deal. Once we step on the field, nobody remembers that talk anyway. It’s not big deal at all."
Wright said he quickly deleted the Tweet without being told to, knowing it would get attention.
"I deleted it like two seconds after," he said. "I was like, ‘you know, the media’s probably going to blow this up.’"
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Wagner on making the Pro Bowl; Wilson and Bennett on being left out Dec. 24
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson named NFC offensive player of the week Dec. 24
- Five Seahawks named to Pro Bowl roster Dec. 23
- Notes from Pete Carroll's Tuesday press conference Dec. 23
- Punters do teleconferences too: a chat with Bothell HS grad Johnny Hekker Dec. 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.