Monday Seahawks links
From today’s Herald: Column on this win showing the Seahawks are now the top dog in the NFC West, maybe the NFL. A game story from Rich Myhre looking at the blowout. Rich also has a sidebar on a dominant performance by Seattle’s D. And speaking of that, this didn’t make the paper, but over on the blog I look at the matchup between Richard Sherman and Anquan Boldin. Another sidebar on how the Seahawks used the weather delay to their advantage, and finally a notebook leading with a record night for Seahawks fans.
For more local coverage, plenty of good from the Seattle Times here, and the Tacoma News Tribune here. And Danny O’Neil of 710 ESPN says Seattle's defense made a statement shutting down the 49ers.
To get the perspective from the other side, check out San Francisco Chronicle columnist Ann Killion’s take, which among other things notes that the 49ers did not come with the knuckles, as Jim Harbaugh suggested Green Bay linebacker Clay Matthews should have last week. Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News says the Seahawks are Kaepernick Kryptonite, and Matt Maioccco says the 49ers lost their composure in Seattle.
And seeing as this was a pretty significant game, plenty of national coverage as well.
Peter King of TheMMQB.com leads off his Monday Morning QB column with the Seahawks, and Mike Silver of the NFL Network does the same with his weekly 32 questions column.
Les Carpenter of Yahoo Sports! says the Seahawks now have the upper hand in the NFL’s best rivalry, while Lindsay Jones of USA Today, gives her take on the game. Over at Grantland.com, Bill Barnwell says nobody manhandles the 49ers. . . well, almost nobody. Grantland.com also looks at the battles Seattle won at the line of scrimmage that helped them win.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Katy Perry texts with Russell Wilson, imitates Marshawn Lynch, likes the Seahawks Sunday Jan. 29
- Pete Carroll on New England's use of unusual formations: 'it's on us to see it' Jan. 29
- Richard Sherman hoping his unborn son is a “disciplined young man” until after Super Bowl Jan. 29
- Pete Carroll admits 'it's going to be a big challenge' sustaining success after Russell Wilson gets paid Jan. 29
- Marshawn Lynch speaks up to ask media 'what are y'all here for?' Jan. 29
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.