Thursday Seahawks links
On a lighter note, as a response to a couple of complaints about Seattle’s crowd noise made by 49ers fans, a few Seahawks fans sent letters to the editor that were published in the San Francisco Chronicle.
Tacoma News Tribune columnist John McGrath says Russell Okung’s injury is bad news, but he notes that no Super Bowl champ gets through a season without adversity.
Pat Kirwan of CBSSports.com has a good breakdown of how Seattle’s cornerbacks help make the team’s defense so good.
Grantland.com takes a look at different storylines for every NFL team, noting that “Seattle is quite good at football.”
Seahawks team photographer Rod Mar has a photo gallery at TheMMQB.com.
Gil Brandt of NFL.com ranks the Seahawks as the second deepest team in the NFL.
Richard Sherman wore a microphone this weekend for the NFL’s Sound FX, but the best moment is courtesy of Marshawn Lynch, who said, “I think we can take this to the Super Bowl.”
Sherman then informed Lynch that he was mic’d up, to which Lynch so eloquently responded, “Oh, you got a mic? I don’t give a (expletive), we’re still going to the Super Bowl.”
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks CBs Sherman and Lane, and possibly others headed for offseason surgery Feb. 2
- A day later, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll sticks by play call Feb. 2
- Seahawks DC Dan Quinn declines to talk about his future Feb. 1
- Pete Carroll’s explanation for the final play call and some player reaction Feb. 1
- Seahawks-Patriots Super Bowl XLIX game thread Feb. 1
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.