Yoga teaches calm to energetic kids
I liked this book so much that I went ahead and purchased the companion deck of cards, “Yoga Pretzels, 50 Fun Yoga Activities for Kids and Grownups” to use at home on a permanent basis. The cards are colorful, easy to follow and focus on traditional yoga poses as well as introducing some quick games.
I’ve been thinking about yoga and kids a lot recently because one of my mommy-friends is Tracy Kim, who teaches the Tween Yoga class at Twist Yoga in Edmonds.
I asked Tracy about what she sees as the benefits of children doing yoga and she mentioned focus, discipline and environmental awareness, in addition to physical education. Yoga can also be a stress relieving activity for kids after an intense day at school.
So pretzel it up! Maybe your family, like mine, will find that yoga is a great way to unwind.
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- Buckle up! When your kid’s safety breaks the bank March 29
- Letting down my guard and learning to understand Clash of Clans March 22
- Supermarket clerks create a welcoming community March 15
- State gets highly capable education right — hope it continues March 8
- Are you changing your child’s digital destiny? March 1
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.