Report: Russell Okung to go on short-term injured reserve
Seahawks LT Russell Okung gets encouraging news from foot specialist Dr. Robert Anderson on toe. Likely headed to IR w return designation.That designation means that Okung can return to practice within six weeks, and is eligible to re-join the active roster in eight. That means, assuming the Seahawks make the move before the weekend, Okung could return as soon as the Nov. 17 game against Minnesota.
— Chris Mortensen (@mortreport) September 20, 2013
Teams are only allowed to use the short-term designation once, and any other player who goes on IR is out for the season.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks player quotes from Monday of Super Bowl week Jan. 26
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Monday Super Bowl week press conference Jan. 26
- Pete Carroll and Seahawks players stick up for their silent (and occasionally crotch-grabbing) running back Jan. 26
- Seahawks players not bothered by Brandon Browner's "try to break it" comment Jan. 26
- Brandon Browner says Patriots should go after Sherman and Thomas injuries Jan. 26
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.