Veteran Republican adviser rejoins House GOP caucus
Strow – who many may know better by her maiden name, Mary Lane -- started today as a public information officer for the House Republican Caucus.
She worked in the same gig several years ago before striding into the statewide spotlight as spokeswoman and adviser to Dino Rossi during his memorable run for governor in 2004.
That campaign cemented Strow's position as one of the most respected voices of Washington's GOP.
A couple years later she stepped out of the bright lights and married former state representative Chris Strow of Whidbey Island. And she became a full-time mom, well almost full-time.
She worked for Rossi on his campaigns in 2008 for governor and 2010 for U.S. Senate and even put in a little time for the Seattle Republican Association in 2011.
Today she, her husband and their children live in Olympia and she'll be getting the word out for several lawmakers, including one of her old neighbors, Rep. Norma Smith, R-Clinton.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- Lawmakers, judges and the governor are getting a raise May 13
- Democrats revise cap and trade bill in hopes of passage May 11
- Inslee toasts state workers with a hot dog and a COLA May 6
- AG says it seems OK to not pay Kelley during leave May 4
- State lawmaker blasts Boeing for sending jobs to other states May 1
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.